Monday, February 15, 2010

On A Roll!! (Thank you Megan!)


Whelp, I got just about all of my boxes unpacked. My angelic neighbor Megan came to my rescue. I have one box left of random items (a.k.a. the junk drawer). Closet is empty is just about ready to house my computer/office. I'm excited about the concise space planning :) I did uncover the USB cord for my camera and am going to post the picture of the afghan my sister made for me.






I relegated many started/unfinished projects to an 18 gallon purple Tupperware. I've been whittling away at those projects--finishing another one today!!! Oh what a feeling :) When Maikol was 3 years old we took her to the carousel in Spokane as a reward for potty training. We walked by a novelty store with Uglydolls in the window. She wanted one so bad. And the ridiculously frugal woman that I am committed to making one for her. However, my frugality won over the non-finishing part of me. Until today! (Only 4 years later...) It was a bigger project than I anticipated. But yet again Megan came to my rescue (even though she was unaware, as was I). We made one for her little boy too. It was fun and well worth the effort. Turned out "ugly", huh? :)



And this weekend Josh and I found bookselves finally! They were on sale at Wal-Mart. Ha, ha! So, the books'll be out soon. Maybe, I'll feel settled in then ;)

2 comments:

Melyssa said...

You are an inspiration. I need to get cracking on all my unfinished projects as well. Just like you, I have all the materials, I just need to make the time. lol! Love the ugly dolls. :)

My "5"ever Family said...

Thanks Melyssa. I don't when you could find time ;) You do such fun things with and for your girls ALL of the time! I love the smock dresses, they are fabulous! I need to get to scrapbooking too. Geez! I'd have to be better about taking pictures too, though. he, he.