Friday, November 28, 2008

NOVEMBER 28th 2002

This day 6 (SIX) years ago I became a mommy. I can hardly believe so much time has gone by, how much we've changed. How much Maikol Kate has grown. Today I said to her, " Maikol you were my new baby six years ago. It makes me want to cry." She said, "Me too, Mom." That made me want to cry even more! It's too short. The time's too short. Every birthday that passes I am so grateful for another year together. The thing that amazes me the most is her true independence. Watching her make her own decisions is really enlightening. She cares. She thinks out the consequences (most of the time). She thinks. She considers and negotiates and is reasonable. She has a fabulous imagination. She's grateful. We're grateful for her.

SIX THINGS ABOUT MAIKOL
6-Consistent (I used to say incessant). She loves talking. But not just talking, carrying on a conversation. She's such a little grownup. She truly depends on routine from everybody. She loves and trusts everyone she meets

5-Considerate-She saves her birthday candy to share with her sisters and even her mom.

4-40+ lbs and almost 4 feet! and still no cavities! And has lost only 2 teeth thus far. The X-ray tech at her 20week ultrasound called her peds "boat feet". (And she has cute little bear paws for hands :) She already wears a size 13. If she's anything like a puppy she'll be taller than her daddy!

3-Loves drawing, coloring, and painting. Within the first few weeks of kindergarten Mrs. Leavitt brought attention to Maikol's drawing because she was drawing eyelashes. The teacher was estactic--so cute! She told the class. "This is a detail that we haven't talked about yet. You can draw eyelashes." Maikol is very detail oriented and observant.

2-She loves her family and her friends.

1-She is loveable! We can't imagine life without her.

2 comments:

Melynie said...

Your girls are adorable! They're like tiny Anitas!!

Worthington family said...

Your girls are so adorable. We miss seeing you guys. Looks like you had a great summer. I just wish I could get all my girls to all look at the camera AND smile all at once on occassion. Your girls have that down.