Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Give a Day Get a Day--of good memories

We had signed up with Disney's 'Give a Day, Get a Day' to earn a few passes to Disneyland. Although we decided not to go this year we decided to, at least, partially fulfill our commitment of service which was to make blankets for those in need. And even though we didn't 'get a day' at Disneyland we 'got a (memorable) day' working together. It was so nice visiting and just being together. Made me think of what it must have been like for those in the 'Old West' pioneering days. I imagined us making crazy quilts out of the scraps from the dresses we would've made then and the necessary skills involved to do such. We are so blessed. We have it so easy! That brings me back to the use of my discretionary time. I wonder how much more fulfilled I would be if I were to think on that in all the things that I do everyday. I forget that I need to be teaching my children all of these skills: laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, sewing etc. no matter how much easier it is for me to do by myself... I don't give my girls enough credit for their potential. I must do better for them. So, they can be their best too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the pics! and the girls!