Monday, July 21, 2008

FATHER SON CAMPOUT

Josh went camping with Tell & Ben.

We had a Pajama Party...
The girls painted fingernails, toenails, faces...


We had an over-embellished waffle buffet. The little girls could hardly get over the choices of having any or all of blueberry syrup, maple syrup, chocolate syrup, marshmallows, peaches, pears, whipped cream, chocolate chips, etc. ...

I picked up a really fun "how-to" book on decorating fingernails. It went over really well. The girls chose flowers, flags, rainbows, glitter, and even animal stripes.

We saw great work from all these little budding artists.

I think everyone enjoyed getting pampered. Even Cheryl and I managed to each get a foot soak while the girls finished up the PJ party watching a movie.

The detail was right up Ashlyn's alley.






Most of the girls could hardly get over being able to do it all themselves (without moms freaking out). Notice: we did do it out of doors and we used primarily acrylic paints (semi-stress free).


Zebra stripes on one hand and tiger stripes on the other. If this girl doesn't have something to do with zoos in her adult life I'd wonder...




I can hardly get over this girl's steady hands.




We started out with a milk bath. The kids had a really hard time with this initially but enjoyed the novelty.


A pleased girl.


If it itches, you gotta scratch!!
Anyone else wanna come next time?

3 comments:

Fulkerson Clan said...

that looks like it was so much fun! (and a lot of work! lol!) what great memory making. now all's i need is some girls...(though evan might go for the painting idea..and justin's too young to care. lol)

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Being a girl rocks!

Sharalea said...

what a great girls spa idea! I love it! looks like everyone had such a great time!

thanks for commenting on our blog, it's great to hear from you--especially for trevor, he has such great memories w/you & Nora!

thanks for your baby-travel advice, we're only 2 days away! yikes!